Job ID: 2016041
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), Battle Management / Command and Control (BMC2) Data Systems SME to support direct billable programs and strategic initiatives within the company, including internal investment projects (IR&D) and external customer support. The selected candidate will be an expert in all aspects of distributed architectures and complex computer database systems for DoD operations centers in support of ISR and battle management. The BMC2 SME will provide in-depth integration experience with battle management and kill chain data processing and networking over and between service, combatant command and allied networks.
· Architect and Implement detailed technical approach ensuring critical focus on C5ISR and BMC2 Integration for Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2)
· Provide subject-matter expertise regarding C5ISR and BMC2 data architecture, engineering, implementation and verification.
· Detailed technical data analysis and expertise with tactical targeting data flow and ISR processing, exploitation and dissemination (PED) systems.
· Preparing and presenting supporting documentation of the findings.
· Contributing to roadmaps to present as solutions for gap remediation.
· Work closely with the Government engineers, SAIC cross-functional teams and SAIC partners to define and document solutions.
· Developing current and target state diagrams.
· Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
· Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
· Execution of technical tasks as assigned.
· Provide expert feedback regarding solution feasibility and level of efforts.
· Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
· Demonstrate in-depth understanding of all components that make up an “All-Domain Operations” with the ability to articulate creative solution with the customers and teammates in order to implement workable solutions.
· Support new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and basis of estimate
· Support strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development
· Support strategic alliances with outside vendors
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Information Security or equivalent experience.
· Minimum ten (10) years of DoD C5ISR network engineering experience is required.
· Minimum six (6) years of Cloud computing experience is required.
· Minimum six (6) years of IoT and edge computing is required.
· Minimum six (6) years of DevOps and development experience is required.
· Minimum ten (10) years of cyber security experience in the DoD is required.
· Minimum four (4) years of implementing and evangelizing the Multi-Domain concept.
· Understanding of tactical targeting data flow; battle management; command and control; and/or tactical ISR processing, explitoation, and dissemination (PED) systems.
· Experience working in C2 ops centers
· Experience tactially evolving networks using satellite and airborne nodes, ideally over RF and optical/laser networks.
· Experience with targeting systems for more than one service in the DoD; for example Army or Navy Fires and Air Force BMC2 nodes.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
· Hands on experience in implementation, configuration, and administration of data processing technologies in large managed environments which will require expert level knowledge of routing and switching products and Firewalls (CCNE preferred) and load balancing technologies.
· Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
· Remains abreast of the newest networking tools and technologies available.
· Agile process and tools.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
· Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance is required
· US Citizenship is required
· Must current possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire, an information assurance baseline certification to meet the IAT-III requirements per DoDI 8570.01-M (e.g. CISSP)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.