We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic Automation Engineer (Entry) to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career.
The Automation Engineer (Entry) will participate in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Plans, and Automated Test Scripts as well as other aspects of the software development lifecycle. The candidate will be responsible for developing and testing Java code as dictated by project requirement.
• Developing automation test scripts
• Generating test data and performing Data Validation
• Data interface message testing preferably with XML message set
• Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation
• Execute regression, functional, and system testing
• Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
• Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies, and generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies
• Use modern software engineering IDEs including Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc. for design, development, and testing the software
• Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA
• BS in (Computer Science or related) and 0 years' or combination of education and experience
• Basic SQL query skills and general understanding of relational databases.
• Ability to understand data models and write test scripts based on the data model
• Evaluate test results, report and manage defects
• Good Understanding of Oriented programming and Data Structures
• Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
• Good written/oral communication skills and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
• Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience with any one of the following Test Management Software (HP Mercury suite of tools – QuickTestPro (QTP), Unified Foundation Test (UFT), Selenium Bugzilla, Jira, Rally.
• Experience in all stages of application testing, including backend testing, functional, usability, regression, load/stress and performance testing
• Experience with integration level testing, requiring ability to work with both big picture & in-depth domain knowledge.
• Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain automated test suites across multiple environments: frontend/backend applications, Web and Web Services, desktop, and Web Service testing using Soap UI with basic XML knowledge
• Prior experience in a software development arena is a plus.
• Thread programming experience is a plus.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
• Experience with XML a plus.
• Experience working in an agile development process is a plus.
• Clearance: Must be able to obtain CBP Public Trust to start work
• Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
• LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability