Safety Critical Software Developer
Job ID: 2016024
Location: WASHINGTON NAVY YARD, DC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an experienced, well qualified Safety Critical Software Developer to support an exciting program in Washington DC.
The successful candidate will provide expert Engineering Support; to include the entire Life Cycle of Systems software support, with an emphasis on safety critical software for the life cycle management of submarine and undersea systems through all phases of the life cycle.
- Provide technical reviews of software product descriptions, hazard analysis, software safety assessment reports, automated software assessment reports, and software criticality and hazard risk index assignments.
- Coordinate and participate in design, safety, test case/procedure, and software reviews, ensuring action items are documented, regularly progressed, and satisfactorily closed-out; provides technical program/project management support for the evaluation of software requirements, work statements, risk management, configuration and document control, schedule/milestone establishment, and action item tracking.
- Information Technology or Software-related BS degree. 4 Additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Nine (9) years of experience with software development and life cycle maintenance, with an emphasis in Safety Critical Software.
- Familiarity with Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) or equivalent process model.
- An active TS clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability