SAIC is looking to fill a position for a .NET developer to assist with the analysis of information requirements and aid in the evaluation of problems with workflow, organization, and planning and help in the development of appropriate corrective action. The developer will solve hard problems in building real-time, state of the art, web applications. Individual must be well rounded, having experience with real-time databases, distributed data protocols, and modern web development methods and tools. We are looking for a self-motivated, driven, excited, and well-versed individual to join our team.
The position requires the developer to:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain existing and new technology for several corporate applications
- Come up with solutions that may not always be obvious, while still delivering in short time frames
- Manage software application code using version control and problem tracking software expediently and accurately
- Generate software documentation and reports
- Work effectively in an Agile software development (or adapted Agile) environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of hands-on technical experience with .NET Core development in a Windows environment, or 8 years of programming experience, 2 of which must be in .NET Core
- Experience developing in Angular framework, preferably version 8
- Can start uncleared but must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance
- Experience in industry or academia
- Experience developing with Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with User Experience Design (UXD)
- Familiarity with GIT version control
- A successful track-record investigating, specifying, designing, testing, documenting, and developing successful computer-based systems, including mobile
- Familiarity with RESTful microservice development
- Familiarity with software container technology (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Familiar with modern development architectures to allow for microservice development.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong background in databases especially SQL, security, web app languages, or another relevant area
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Experience implementing DevOps methodologies (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, automated unit tests, automated integration tests, automated build and release)
- Sound business judgment, critical thinking, presentation, and excellent communications skills
- Ability to elicit requirements from stakeholders and turn them into usable code
- Excited about learning new methods and technologies
- Existing DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.