SAIC is looking for a Cloud Network Engineer to support a Network Engineering team responsible for the integration of NASA’s Data Center Networks with NASA’s Software Defined LANs as well as the implementation of Cloud-based network services. This cutting-edge work will take place during an amazing period in NASA’s history. This network supports NASA’s Artemis Program (which will return Americans to the moon) and the Mars Exploration Program among many others. This role is in Huntsville, AL.
- Data Center Network design and implementation.
- Leveraging Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to improve security and automation within NASA’s on-premise datacenters with ACI Anywhere extensions into cloud service provider environments (i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Planning, designing, and implementing the integration of segmentation technologies between the LAN, on-prem datacenter and cloud environments
- Detailed design and implementation of Cloud-based IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions which would include transit gateways, cloud service routers and other cloud network constructs
- BS Degree in related field or High School Diploma and 5 years of related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Candidate must have extensive experience with 3 tier campus networks and with Data Center Networks utilizing ACI segmentation technologies.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of LAN/WAN network design and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, Layer 3 Out, VXLAN, SXP)
- Candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to develop technical guidance documents and multitasking between multiple ongoing projects to ensure customer requirements and timelines are met.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- CCNP/CCIE Certification
- Experience with Cisco ISE and Cisco Software Defined Access (SDA) (TrustSec)
- Experience with ACI and Data Center networking design
- Experience with load-balancing tools and techniques
- Experience with Ansible, Python, Kubernetes, Linux, VMware/vCenter
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.