SAIC has an immediate need for a Streaming Video Technician to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center located at Huntsville, AL. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. The streaming video group provides assistance to all NASA Centers to allow for the distribution of media content internally and externally of the NASA network.
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, programs, maintains and repairs streaming media and related apparatus required in the streaming media service.
- Analyzes system failures and other unusual system occurrences to isolate the source of the problem and determine whether the failure is caused by software, hardware, or other factors.
- Support customer service calls to help troubleshoot individual consumer streaming issues. Maintain records, including detail records, traffic analysis records, outage records, inventory records, and spare parts inventories.Execute multiple live streaming events concurrently; be the sole owner of many tier-1 live events for our customers making sure they have the highest quality experience
- Make in-room decisions as a call leader; organizing tasks between productions, service partners, and directing other support engineers during live events.
- Work with senior engineers and other teams on high-severity, active support issues, prioritizing mitigation while investigating root-cause fixes
- Deliver event reports to senior leadership
- Act as on-call support and point of escalation for high-severity issues
- Ownership of one or more video products or components
- Assist in customer notification and workflow co-ordination with follow-up to maintain service level agreements
- Assist in creating and maintaining team specific knowledge-base articles and operational and training documentation
- Assist in the training of new Support staff as the team grows
- Maintain Inventory of service hardware
- Maintain Patching/Firmware updates
- Support the upkeep of IT security documentation
Required Education and Experience:
- 2 Years College or equivalent (Preferred)
- 3+ years of development or technical support experience
- 3+ years streaming video delivery experience, and understanding of encoding and transcoding technologies
- 2+ years of technical operations experience, including support and incident management, operations
- monitoring, process improvements, and metrics reporting
- Experience with on-site, live video production or master control facility operations
- Knowledge of streaming video pipelines and technologies, including encoding hardware/software (i.e., Haivision, ffmpeg, Teradek) video delivery, acquisition, codecs, adaptive bit rate video playback, and common streaming protocols
- Experience with video quality metric tools
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues, you're a natural problem solver!
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Travel (if any):
- A combined 2 weeks of every year for support of install or general streaming assistance
- 4 Years College or equivalent (Preferred)
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Experience in a technical customer support role
- Experience in a technical QA role
- Experience working in live events
- Basic knowledge of networking systems and hardware installation, including server and switch configuration
Desired Certifications / Training:
- Basic CISCO networking Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.