Job ID: 2015980
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2021
Subcategory: SW Testing
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Technical Tester to join our team in Alexandria, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC and CBP.
Specific day to day test engineering duties include, but not limited to:
• Developing test scripts
• Generating test data
• Data Validation
• Web service testing
• Data interface message testing preferably with XML message set
• Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation
• Execute regression, functional, and system testing
• Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
• Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies
• Generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies
Required Skills and Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 9 years experience or combination of education and experience in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Manual Test Cases and Automated Test Scripts.
Experience in backend testing is a prerequisite. Prior experience as a developer is a plus.
• Strong SQL development skills (preferably PL-SQL) and solid understanding of relational databases especially testing in a large database.
• Ability to understand data models and write test scripts based on the data model
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience with any one of the following Test Management Software (HP Mercury suite of tools –QuickTestPro, Test Director.
• Evaluate test results, report and manage defects.
• Experience in all stages of application testing, including backend testing, functional, usability, regression, load/stress and performance testing
• Experience with integration level testing, requiring ability to work with both big picture & in-depth domain knowledge.
• Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain automated test suites across multiple environments: Back end applications , Web and Web Services, desktop, and
• Web Service testing using Soap UI with basic XML knowledge
• Ability to define and generate meaningful test metrics
• Prior experience in a software development arena is a plus.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
• Experience with XML a plus.
• Experience working in an agile development process is a plus.
• Clearance - Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work
• Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
• LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.