SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Software Engineering Lead to support a Federal agency. Join SAIC’s team to provide end users seamless information technology experience leveraging efficient use of enterprise-centric solutions, modern technologies and industry best practices. Be part of the team defining the digital transformation journey for this federal agency.
The Software Engineering Lead responsibilities can include:
- Supervises the design, development, documentation, testing and debugging of application software.
- Directs the analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Manages the determination of computer user needs; analysis of system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; preparation of operating instructions; design and development of autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Directly supervises individual contributors (skilled technicians, administrative support) and/or entry level professionals (entry-level engineers).
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelor Degree required; BS in STEM or Business preferred.
- Must have Active Top Secret clearance; DOE Q clearance preferred
- Experience supporting both classified and unclassified IT environments.
- Minimum of five (5) years or more experience with programming/software development. Experience in Enterprise IT Managed Services preferred.
- DevOPs certification required.
- SAFe certification required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- CONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Experience with National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.