SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Cyber Security Operations Lead to support a Federal agency. Join SAIC’s team to provide end users seamless information technology experience leveraging efficient use of enterprise-centric solutions, modern technologies and industry best practices. Be part of the team defining the digital transformation journey for this federal agency.
The Cyber Security Operations Lead responsibilities can include:
- Supervises the design, test, and implementation of secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Orchestrates and aligns teams to perform risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
- Reviews the results of threat modeling exercises and interprets results to government leadership as necessary.
- Directs the development and implementation of security controls and formulation of operational risk mitigations along with updating the security awareness programs to block, blunt, or deter the efforts of evolving threats.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Reviews and presents security reports to government leadership for approval and then forwards them to regulatory agencies.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. This includes process support, analysis support, coordination support, security certification test support, security documentation support, investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Ensures the proper implementation of required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6/3), and works with the team on process tailoring.
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommends additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
- Periodically conducts of a review of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Directly supervises individual contributors (skilled technicians, administrative support) and/or entry level professionals (entry-level engineers)
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelor Degree required; BS in STEM or Business preferred.
- Must have Active Top Secret clearance; DOE Q Clearance preferred
- Experience supporting both classified and unclassified IT environments.
- Minimum of five (5) years or more experience with securing an IT environment. Experience in Enterprise IT Managed Services preferred.
- CISSP certification required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- CONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Experience with National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.