SAIC has a need for a Sr. Radio Frequency Engineer to provide engineering support at Systems Simulation Software and Integration (S3I) to support testing in a reconfigurable Avionics System Integration Laboratory (ASIL) in Huntsville, AL.
- This position will require the selected candidate to be able to incorporate continuous and pulsed RF signals through antennas, connector, cables and processors in the arena of GPS navigation, transponder and Identification Friend or Foe (IFF).
- The laboratory seeks to replicate in laboratory rack mounted form the equivalent functionality that is found in several aircraft series used in the Special Electronic Mission Aircraft (SEMA) fleet.
- The FW ASIL includes aircraft bus 1553 and ARINC 429 channels that may be monitored simultaneously with the RF signal.
- Direct experience with army aviation equipment considered a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience; years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Conduct research and recommend for provisioning suitable RF cable and connectors that will interconnect subsystems. This shall include additional test equipment if so needed
- Operate laboratory equipment in the manner of waveform analysis for timing and distortion of signal and use laboratory equipment to inject replicated signals
- Conduct signal analysis for signal strength and integrity, waveform distortion and bandpass limitation or signal throughput using spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes and signal generators
- Interface with diverse government agencies in the manners of frequency allocation, approval and certification for airspace and signal management. Signal delay from the RF subsystems would be an important data product
- Proficient in the MS Office series of products of Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Visio
- Experience writing technical reports
- Capable of working independently without continuous oversight after receiving initial training
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups
- Experience or studies related to navigation, identification or communication
- Experience working with Labview and a CAD modeling software
- Academic or work experience directly related to aircraft wiring
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.