Job ID: 2015809
Location: NORTH BETHESDA, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking a Java Developer in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
This is a temporary 6 month position with the possibility of extension.
· Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
· Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
· Provides software development support to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including support of both the development and execution of a transition plan
· Interacts at a variety of points within the customer organization and program governance processes to assist in implementation of the established transition plan
· Supports research and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
· Ensures a focus on incorporation of high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations
· Conducts test driven development in the delivery of high quality code.
· Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to ensure consistent application of customer mission objectives are met
· Leveraging domain expertise, develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete solution meeting all technical and functional requirements.
· Mentors and leads team of junior to mid-level developers to design and develop application software.
Experience in developing quality software products and shipping production ready software.
Experience in building applications in Java using Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
Good understanding of agile methodologies.
Experience in building web applications using technologies like Angular JS.
Experience in Oracle, PL/SQL and other RDBMS..
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
Subversion, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar, Crystal Reports
Experience with automation technologies like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Selenium, Jenkins, RedHat OpenShift, AMP, Confluence and Docker.
Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
Experience working with CI/CD tools for testing and deployment.
AWS certifications or Java certifications is a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.