SAIC is seeking a Policy Analyst Principal. Provide analytic support to Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Policy and Strategy Division (AF/A10P), International Treaties and Agreements Branch (AF/A10PI) pertaining to the Air Force’s implementation of and compliance with the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) and the Biological Weapons Convention (BWC).
- The qualified candidate will provide at a minimum, the following types of support: historical background, current and future implications of current projects, and professional opinion(s) on all CWC and BWC related matters.
- The qualified candidate shall be capable of:
- Providing written recommendations for documents representing AF positions on all aspects of AF policy relating to the CWC and shall professionally brief these recommendations to a wide audience from AF senior leaders to MAJCOM leadership to the base Treaty Compliance Officers
- Participating in and providing instruction at occasional meetings in the Washington, D.C. area regarding the discussion of CWC requirements; at PACAF base and at a USAFE base for phase I and/or II CWC type training; and, at a CONUS base for phase I-IV CWC training requirements
- Leading the planning and conduct of HAF-sponsored CWC training events over a two- to ten-day period for approximately 30 to 100 personnel at Air Force installations worldwide several times annually
- Responding to Government questions, concerns, and comments and shall be proactive in alerting the Government to potential CWC issues
- Deploying to identified U.S. military sites (CONUS or OCONUS) within a 24 hour timeframe
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience
- Demonstrated experience with CWC Challenge Inspections exercises
- Demonstrated ability to manage formal CWC training courses as well as tabletop and field training exercises
- Ability to interface with HAF and MAJCOM counterparts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Active Top Secret Clearance with TS/SCI eligibility
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the CWC
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with CWC requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Air Staff, JS, and OSD organization and responsibilities with respect to CWC requirements
- Demonstrated experience working in complex environments with multiple POCs
- Demonstrated experience in providing instruction and conducting classroom and/or seminar type training sessions amongst large groups (up to 100 attendees)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.