Database Administrator Senior Data Processing
Job ID: 2015632
Location: CARY, NC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Admin
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is hiring a Database Administrator Senior (Data Processing) to support the Army National Guard Enterprise Operations team based in Cary, NC.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC once the COVID-19 threat has passed.
- Support the Army National Guard database infrastructure along with custom applications, MS SQL Server and Oracle products, and open source applications.
- Work to analyze, design, and develop custom solutions supporting applications, based on customer mission and business requirements.
- Evaluate business workflow and content requirements for custom applications and product solutions to ensure compliance with technical, professional, security, and organizational standards and requirements.
- Implement and maintain security measures based on Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Develop architectural designs, test plans and SOP documents to ensure compliance with specifications or standards.
- Be a part of a high performance team focused on maintaining core skills and supporting the capability to deliver superior results.
- Provide MS SQL Server and Oracle Database Administration, including implementing, operating and maintaining database assets that support IT and business services.
- Scope includes design, build, management and maintenance of databases and large data repositories and stores used to support services.
- Plan, install, configure and test database configurationS
- Identify server, network and capacity requirements needed to operate databases
- Decommission databases upon request
- Provide database requirements to support procurement activities
- Integrate databases with service application components on request
- Maintain database software assets in compliance with supporting 3rd party vendor requirements
- Maintain information about installed database software and database configuration items and ensure accuracy and availability to others
- Provide consulting services and support for release package testing, installation, deployment/ operation
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support services for databases
- Coordinate, schedule, implement and test database tuning, reorganization, backup and restoration activities
- Provide consulting and support services to identify database operational, monitoring and reporting requirements
- Define physical and logical models for implementing and operating databases
- Identify database capacity sizing needs and requirements and manage database performance and tuning
- Define, implement and test database security schemas per requested requirements
- Maintain database Known Error and bug lists
- Plan, design, build, implement, test and maintain database checkpoint restart mechanisms
- High School Diploma and 9+ years of related experience; OR Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience OR 7+ years Database Administrator experience.
- IAT II DOD 8570 certification: Security+, etc
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain SECRET security clearance
- 3+ years of experience with MS SQL Server OR Oracle Database Management Systems
- Experience with relational database technologies, specifically PL/SQL, Packages, and Stored Procedures.
- Experience with Data Guard, Oracle RAC, RMAN, Backup/COOP/Disaster Recovery strategy, and data recovery
- Experience with security Setting, Encryption & Key management, Authentication & Authorization, Data Masking, Log monitoring.
- Experience with Extracting, Transforming and Loading Data (ETL)
- Experience with SQL*Net configuration and technology
- Familiarity with JAVA
- Familiarity with Network OSI model
- Experience with Hardware and Oracle Exadata configuration
- Experience with Linux scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Perl
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.