SAIC is hiring a Senior System Administrator (Application Management Senior) to support our team based in Cary, NC.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC once the COVID-19 threat has passed.
SAIC has a career opening for an Application Manager (System Administrator Senior) in Cary, North Carolina.
- The System Administrator Senior is responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining physical/virtual Microsoft based servers in support of business processing requirements.
- Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Conducts routine software audits of Microsoft based servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- The Application Manager is responsible for managing the software applications, identifying specific applications to improve business operations, and supervise the installation, upgrading and daily maintenance of software applications used by the organization
- The Application manager will interface with people at all levels of the organization, working as part of an IT team supporting the ARNG organization.
- Maintain awareness of latest software developments and keep current on trends to apply solutions to make organization more efficient.
- Determine specific applications needed to improve business operations, and supervise the installation, upgrading and daily maintenance of the software applications
- Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify problems and assess potential application solutions, and provide solutions on same
- Manages system hardware and application software implementation and upgrade, leading a team of IT specialists responsible for implementing and upgrading system hardware and application software. Ensure servers are prepared prior to implementing new systems, and monitor roll-out process for any issues.
- Troubleshoots problems with the software and provides technical support and problem resolution related to business application software systems. Assess any software problems that arise and come up with a solution to resolve issue.
- Creates, develops and oversees protocols and procedures for new software/applications.
- Supports the purchase of new software, identifies alternatives and performs research, prepares the servers, installs the software, configures the software, loads data into it, tunes, performs software upgrades and repairs when there are problems.
- Plan, design, build, test, implement and maintain software and hardware solutions for managing document and information repositories and websites.
- Design, create and maintain templates to be used for documenting operational tasks and infrastructure architecture.
- Maintain and manage content databases, repositories, software tools and web portals. Operate, monitor and maintain content management tools (such as data-analysis and collaboration tools e.g., SharePoint Portal).
- Customize and administer content management tools which include digital and non-digital tools (i.e., rehearsals and rock drills, sand tables, storytelling, hot washes, map and white boards).
- Provide consulting services for documenting new services, processes, functions and procedures and assessing documentation quality.
- Create, execute and report on testing and implementation plans.
- Create, execute and maintain Standard Operating Procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of resolving complex issues
- Strong troubleshoot and debugging skills
High School diploma and 9+ years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience; OR Masters and 3+ years of related experience
5+ years as a Systems Administrator (Microsoft)
- Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE, or other.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- ITIL Foundation Certification (required within 60 days of hire)
Knowledge of system implementation, and user support principles and practices.
Experience with database management.
Familiarity with Project management principles.
Experience with Information system troubleshooting.
Demonstrated skill in developing automated business systems.
Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
Experience maintaining Microsoft’s Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS services.
Experience maintaining Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 platforms.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.