SAIC is hiring a Field System Engineer in support of AT&T UC SCSS contract to work in Grafenwoehr, Germany.
The Field Systems Engineer provide logistics, installation and maintenance support of AT&T UC SCSS contract equipment suites at US Army datacenters worldwide. Technician shall provide said support with dispatch personnel who shall rapidly respond to provide maintenance, replacement parts, and other services in order to maintain or restore Army UC SCSS services to their optimum performance level and availability. For OCONUS locations, critical spares shall be maintained at a theater location for rapid theater-based dispatch personnel to provide quick restoral of service. Other logistic requirements shall be satisfied and sourced from US-based locations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-demand and scheduled maintenance on Army UC SCSS suites of equipment
- Monitor the performance of, and maintain Army UC SCSS suites of equipment as required, in close coordination with the NOC/SOC.
- Repair or replacement of servers, storage systems, routers, switches, and other hardware
- Interact with datacenter and NOC/SOC personnel via telephone, email, web portal, etc.
- Respond to demand maintenance by shipping and receiving of servers, networking equipment, remote power consoles, etc. to maintain availability and reliability of Army UC SCSS
- Ensure peak performance by installing and maintaining firmware and software
- Performance of all storage, virtualization (compute and network), and disaster recovery (DR) functions.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- High School diploma and 10+ years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a closely related field and 6+ years of experience.
- One or more of the following related Certifications:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX), Cisco Certified Network Associate ( CCNA) Datacenter, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), or Microsoft Certified Systems Expert (MCSE).
- Must have an active/current Secret security clearance.
- Firm grasp of advanced aspects of Datacenter Virtualization including, VMware vSphere, enterprise storage and fiber channel switching, Windows Server Hyper-V and overall performance tuning of these technologies
- Superior understanding of storage protocols and technologies (FC, iSCSI, NFS, SAS, SATA, SSD), as well as data replication and disaster recovery (DR) techniques and strategies.
- Environment, policy, procedure, work instruction documentation and upkeep
- Change management (ChM) procedures and ChM compliance processes
- Incident response and resolution; Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
- Perform the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of the Army UC SCSS suites
- Maintain operational configurations of Army UC suites as per the established baselines.
- Monitor the Army UC SCSS suite for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review logs and reports, interpret the implications of that activity, and devise plans for appropriate resolution
Participate in the design and execution of best practices assessments, disaster recovery tests, and security audits
Provide on-call support of Army UC SCSS suites.
- Four (4) or more years of Enterprise Datacenter Experience
- Technical and working experience and knowledge of routing, switching, internet protocols, and monitoring
- Good interpersonal skills, computer skills, Microsoft Office suite
- Robust troubleshooting skills, preferably in a large-scale datacenter environment
- Linux system administration experience a plus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.