SAIC is searching for an experienced Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer to join our team in Oxnard, CA.
The EW Systems RF Engineer should have proven experience in developing innovative solutions that will be used to meet warfighter needs to support the US Navy Jammer Technique Optimization (JATO) Group relating to Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) capability development.
- Must be proactive and able to work on a collaborative team to expand the envelope of RF technology capabilities on US Navy airborne platforms
- Apply strong knowledge of RF/microwave principles and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies
- Develop Next Generation Jammer techniques for the EA-18G
- Develop a technical roadmap exploring new technology for stand-off/support jamming application in support of US Navy airborne platforms
- Develop jamming and receiver rules of thumb for stand-off jamming application
- Ability to hypothesize and develop EW experiments to provide insight into cause-and-effect
- Execute testing of subsystems in various laboratory and field environments: create and validate test plans/procedures traced to requirements
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior engineers in EW effectiveness testing in lab, field or flight environments
- Familiarity using RF/microwave test equipment such as a network analyzer with calibrations kits, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, RF power meter, and oscilloscope
- Use verbal and written communication to present data and explain results to management and customers
- Domestic or International travel to support test activities and/or customer meetings
- Bachelors and nine (9) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Must have an active SECRET security clearance and be ability to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
- Experience with state of the art Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)
- EW Receiver design experience
- Experience with cutting edge RF technology
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- DRFM system design experience
- Programming with MATLAB/Simulink
- Next Generation Jammer, ALQ-99, radar and/or communications jamming
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.