SAIC is searching for
Intermediate and Senior Missile Electronics Engineers to support Missile
Defense Agency Ground Based Midcourse Defense Program efforts and provide
Ground Systems engineering support directly related to the Next Generation
Interceptor (NGI) project offices (GMX and GMY) electronics design engineering,
guidance and navigation technologies and engineering
documentation. These Engineers will support NGI development and
delivery activities in accordance with the standard Systems Engineering
Lifecycle of a program.
- Execute product-engineering functions with a focus on the NGI
avionics packages, power, grounding, and guidance and navigation technologies –
evaluating designs, requirements, survivability, and failure-review process.
- Support Systems Engineering Milestone Reviews, boards and working
level meetings by assisting in developing agendas and content, comprehending
action items, and assisting in resolving issues as required, tracking actions
to completion, providing meeting summaries, and capturing lessons learned.
- Apply critical thinking analytical/engineering skills and
problem-solving methodology to assigned tasks, to identify the problem,
determine courses of action, develop paths ahead for task completion, and
formulate recommendations to the Customer.
- Assist in the development of Executive level briefings, papers,
and other correspondence,
- Support the Government Integrated Product Team by representing the
interests of the Customer in working group forums, and Technical Interchange
- Identify, define and characterize development-related programmatic
and technical risks, provide the evidence-based rationale for this and
recommend mitigation for informed management decisions.
- Perform missile component Integration and system timing analysis;
Support Warfighter coordination and integration; Work with component developers
to review and assess verification plans for NGI components.
- BS Degree required, MS Degree preferred in Electronics Engineering
or related technical field with 9+ years of related electronic
engineering/system engineering experience preferably with MDA engineering
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a top secret
- Familiarity and experience with missile component development,
test, production, and integration.
- Familiarity with electronics design for survivability along with
survivability testing and familiarity and experience with missile component development,
test, and integration.
- Solid technical writing and presentation development capability
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition practices (DoD 5000 acquisition
lifecycle, contract types, financial planning/execution of appropriations,
acceptable finance and cost estimating techniques).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.