Job ID: 2015322
Location: FLEXWORK, OH, United States
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2020
Subcategory: Cyber Sec Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC, in support of the Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD) System Security Engineering team led out of Glenn Research Center (GRC), is seeking a senior engineer to provide cybersecurity engineering and consulting, awareness and engagement, and ARMD and OCIO/Security Alignment. The candidate will share responsibility with a teammate for providing support to the following areas, including but not limited to:
· Perform systems security engineering on a variety of ARMD research efforts.
· Ensure Program and Project cybersecurity requirements align with NASA, Federal and external stakeholder expectations.
· Communicate and coordinate requirements and capabilities among the various stakeholders.
· Ensure Airspace Operations and Safety Program Projects are informed of existing and emerging threats and vulnerabilities to the various technologies being developed and seeking to transition into adoption by project partners.
· Assist Projects with cybersecurity integration and/or mitigation.
· Independently verifies that Project level cyber-security requirements are addressed.
· Identify and pursue Aeronautic cybersecurity research
Specific deliverable work includes:
· Providing system security engineering analysis and products, including model based systems engineering (MBSE)
· Providing timely threat information as appropriate
· Providing consultative engineering expertise as needed
· Providing support for ARMD projects as requested
· Providing an annual ARMD-wide Cybersecurity Workshop
· Providing an annual ARMD-specific presentations at each Center
· Providing presentations and facilitate discussions on-demand to specific teams
· Supporting and managing Authorizing Official assessments
The ideal will have an emphasis in one or more of these areas and familiarity one or more of the other areas: Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity Architecture, and Cybersecurity Analysis.
The key engineering skillsets include the skills in MBSE, designing multilevel security cross-domain solutions, building use cases, and translating operational requirements into protection needs. Also needed are analysis and design skills to design system resiliency under changing conditions and understood future state operational concepts. A strong working knowledge of system security and safety engineering principles and practice in NIST 800-160 and understanding of STAMP (Systems-Theoretic Accident Model and Processes) methods and techniques including STPA (Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis) for security is needed.
The key architecture skillsets include skills in designing architectures and frameworks, use of system design tools as well as the ability to apply the methods, standards, and approaches for describing, analyzing, and documenting an organization's enterprise. A strong working knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks including TOGAF and DODAF is needed.
The key security skillsets include skills to apply security and privacy principles to organizational requirements, skills in applying security models, configuring and utilizing software-based computer protection tools, and configuring and utilizing computer protection components (e.g., hardware firewalls, servers, routers, as appropriate). A strong working knowledge in security principles and security frameworks including but not limited to NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53, ISO/IEC 27001/27002 is needed.
Other Desired Skills
Discrete concentrations in any of the following fields: aeronautical communications, software, computer engineering.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.