Job ID: 2015175
Location: LANHAM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Scheduling System SW Engineer/Angular Developer on the OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Lanham, MD.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
This is a software engineering/Angular development position that will be focused on the implementation of a scheduling tool for the Command, Control & Communications (C3S) segment. It will deconflict the satellite schedule requests for the National Polar Partnership (NPP), Global Change Observation Mission (GCOM), Joint Polar Satellite System 1 (JPSS-1) and JPSS-2 satellites.
- Will be the sole front end developer of the AngularJS front end of Java applications.
- Will be responsible for Developing, documenting, testing and debugging Angular JS applications
- Will interface with NOAA customer to finalize front end design
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Ensuring NASA software standards are met
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience developing and designing Angular based solutions
- Experience with satellite operations / ground system development
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with satellite operations / ground system development preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.