SAIC is seeking a Senior Java Developer Backend to join our systems engineering team as a collaborative team member in support of ongoing law enforcement enterprise search applications. The right candidate will bring an interest in applying his or her talents to national and homeland security problems. The senior developer will use Java, SQL and Oracle to design, develop, test and maintain large enterprise applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and Support Java backend components for the purpose of data loading, data fusion, transformation, and rule execution.
• Data analysis to support engineering efforts and production support
• Solve highly technical software development issues.
• BS Degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, preferred) and 14 years of experience or combination of education and experience
• Must have a strong Java J2EE/JEE design and software development background that includes designing, programming, and documenting large-scale software systems
• Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (Spring, JMS), Object-Oriented Design and development principles; and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or Apache Tomcat; and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
• Knowledge of design patterns (GoF, J2EE)
• Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
• Strong SQL experience
• Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
• Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience
• Knowledge of and experience with business-to-business information exchange using various message formats and message queues
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Experience with AWS
• First-hand experience working with large project teams or working with the Federal Government
• Prior experience with Caching, Clustering, Distributed Computing
• Data loading experience or exceptional database knowledge
• Prior experience of working in field of entity resolution or analytics
• Prior experience in working with Customs or ICE travel-related data.
Clearance – Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work
Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen.
Job Location – Herndon, VA
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.