SAIC is seeking a System Integration Lead to join our team in El Segundo, CA.
In this role, you will work on the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract in support of the US Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Production Corps, Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) Program Office (SMC/PCGW). This effort includes providing acquisition, systems engineering, and Launch Systems Integration (LSI) support. The position is full time, and requires an active Secret clearance. You will reside at the MSEIT offices in El Segundo, CA, but in close proximity to the Government Customer.
- Monitor, evaluate, and provide comments and recommendations to the WGS Customer at WGS and SATCOM Interface
- Control Working Groups, WGS and SATCOM Risk Boards, engineering review boards, and design reviews
- Actively coordinate with WGS stakeholders including Aerospace, the WGS Prime Contractor, SMC Launch Enterprise, and MSEIT functional areas (e.g.; System Safety, CM/DM, and Risk)
- Monitor, evaluate, and provide comments and recommendations to the WGS Customer at the SMC/ECL Senior Management Review and Current Launch Schedule Review Board
- Monitor, evaluate progress, and provide comments and recommendations to the WGS Customer at a Launch Vehicle Study and Early Integration Study
- Support acquisition planning, including development and evaluation of requests for proposal and technical evaluation of contractor proposal documents
- Review, evaluate, and provide comments and recommendations to the WGS Customer for program documentation and plans (e.g.; CDRLs)
- Perform long-range Launch SI planning, including maintaining management tools e.g.; LSI Plan
- Maintain active dialog with Customer; recommend issues to work; and work them
- Maintain the WGS Livelink and DI2E file structures
- Develop tasker responses
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical discipline
- Ability to coordinate with the Government and industry stakeholders
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations, and options
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, and proactivity
- Independent problem solver, comfortable in a fast paced environment and be able to quickly adapt to emerging requirements and changing priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project and Word)
- An active Secret clearance is required to be considered for this position
- 10+ years of experience with launch readiness assessments, launch campaign planning, launch rehearsals, and day of launch
- 10+ years of experience in Government acquisition or systems engineering processes
- 10+ years of experience working with military or DoD civilian clients and managing professional relationships
- Master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical discipline
- Systems engineering certifications, such as CSEP, ESEP, OCSMP, PMI, PMP
- Wideband Global SATCOM program experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.