SAIC has an immediate and funded opening for a Windows Systems Administrator with 9+ years of relevant experience to work on a dynamic, energized team on a leading edge technology program with an exciting mission critical to national security objectives. Primary Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will provide desktop (i.e., Windows 7/10) and Windows server (i.e., 2008 R2, 2012/2016) support on several different networks, including development networks. Strong customer service, prioritization, and communication skills are essential to enable collaboration with other teams.
- Virtualization and Cisco networking experience is preferred but not required.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft Windows Server Servers (2008 R2, 2012/2016) on physical and virtual operating environments
- Migrate 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 or 2016.
- Maintain backup and restore for the Windows servers
- Patch Windows servers and implement security controls as needed
- Work with Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, File share, email, DNS and DHCP services
- Monitor Enterprise system, perform log management and event analysis via various tool sets, current and future.
- Provide Windows desktop support (Windows 7/10)
- Upgrade Windows desktops from Windows 7 to Windows 10 as well as perform workstation hardware testing
- Conduct Windows desktop deployment via Windows Deployment Server
- Storage Area Network
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Provide guidance to the team and management to achieve goals in accordance with established policies
- Represent organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Work directly with stakeholders and Project Management team to coordinate planning, design, installation, and support\upgrades of new and existing technologies
- Interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Freedom to use ingenuity and creativity to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Requires s Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related discipline. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree with 9+ years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience with VMware expansion and migration of Windows services to a virtual environment
- Must have experience with PowerShell, Batch, Visual Basic scripting
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment and has a willingness to cross train skills with other team members to create a more diverse technically competent team.
- Must have exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.