SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
SAIC seeks a Senior Techncial Writer/Editor to serve as an editor/publications officer for analysts to assist in editing and sourcing according to ODNI information sharing policies and standards. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will contribute directly to the production of valuable intelligence to facilitate positive mission outcomes.
- Publish all source Cyber products and manage the production and publication of all source intelligence products
- Deliver tailored intelligence products to senior policymakers for better understanding of the relevance and implication of cyber related activity to national security matters.
- Provide final proofread and format check on products, publishing products on classified portals
- Assist analysts and portfolio managers in the planning, drafting, editorial reviewing, designing and formatting of daily & periodic intelligence publications
- Work closely with the Director of Analysis and senior reviewers to solicit, incormporate and edit needed changes to these products
- Work with the Chief of Publications to plan, define, and manage complex publication projects. Apply techniques to manage multiple projects concurrently and efficiently.
- Review products for analytic tradecraft consistency and concision
- Review intelligence products of analysts to ensure the products provide complete and direct response to the original tasking to include formatting, contect, grammar and final dissemination
- Review soruces for prepublication fact checking, classifications, and dissemination restrictions to determin who is cleared to receive publications
- Attend VTCs and off-site meetings, when required, to maintain awareness and working relationships with IC customers
- Assist with meetings, conferences, and outreach to facilitate analytic partnerships and exchange
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph exam
- Bachelors Degree and minimum 10 years of directly applicable experience
- At least 4 years experience in IC information review and release
- Extensive understanding of publishing principles and practices; knowledge of publication design principles; and demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex publication projects
- Experience in national security classification procedures. Background and demonstrated skills necessary to confidently and effectively address downgrading and declassification issues
- Demonstrated editorial and grammatical skills; thorough understanding of corporate writing standards, including classification regulations; demonstrated ability to inform and direct others in applying policies, and guidelines to publication products; and knowledge of copyright laws and federal regulation for Web/on-line products
- Extensive knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hardcopy and/or electronic formats
- Competence with typography, proofreading, document formatting, desktop publishing, internet and IC intranet networks; page layout and design; publication styles
- Demonstrated ability to perform research, utilize creative problem solving and apply analytical thinking skills to identify and develop effective solutions for routine and more complex publishing problems; and demonstrated ability to create custom products for various project requirements
- Extensive knowledge about and skill in using both standard and high-end desktop publishing applications
- Competence with electronic publications and design, to include specific knowledge of current technologies in the electronic and web publishing environments. Familiarity of web functionality, hosing maintenance, browsers, formats and basic knowledge of various designing software packages for production of a variety of products.
- Demonstrated skills in writing logically, clearly, and concisely; demonstrated communication and negotiation skills for eliciting and sharing information; and demonstrated ability to brief team members, customer, and management at all levels to discuss project requirements.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers, senior mentor others; and thorough knowledge and understanding of organizations mission and structure
- Competence with records management classification system
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze intelligence information and make recommendations for classification and sanitization of such information
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.