SAIC is seeking to hire a Principal Statistician with Safety & Reliability experience to support NASA’s human spaceflight programs at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.
- Develop HLS subsystem PRA models using SAPHIRE and Excel, and supporting trade studies
- Provide expertise in the application of system safety and reliability analyses in support of NASA’s Human Lander System (HLS) program
- Develop and utilize system safety and reliability analysis such as hazard analysis, FMEA, RBDA, FTA, HRA and PRA to assess ground support and spaceflight hardware, software, pre-launch, in-flight and post landing recovery operations to identify hazards and quantify risk of designated operations, conditions or events related to planned human spaceflight missions
- Perform reliability data analysis, including the collection, classification and validation of data used to model and predict the reliability of complex spaceflight systems and crew operations under extreme environmental conditions
- Provide system modeling and data analysis expertise to develop reliability and probabilistic risk assessment models, and the reduction and application of probability data, including development of early flight adjustment factors
- Coordinate with spaceflight hardware/software developers and operators to collect failure and operations related data necessary to model spaceflight systems
- Provide modeling and data analysis for design and operational trade studies to support risk informed decision making
- Document assessment/analysis results in formal reports and present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Provide technical assessments of System Safety, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) products and processes developed/used by NASA contractors and hardware providers
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Science (Physics), Mathematics, or Statistics, and 15 years or more experience.
- Knowledgeable on various statistical analysis methodologies, tools and techniques including their proper application and limitations
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Ability to pass a NASA background check to get access to NASA facilities and IT systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work effectively across multiple organizations / stakeholders and within a teaming environment to get results
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal management oversight, to prioritize work and accomplish tasks within tight schedule constraints
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and condense complex issues into concise, easily understood presentations
- Ability to generate high quality written technical reports and prepare and give high quality technical presentations for senior management and the NASA customer
- Proficient in the use of SAPHIRE, Excel and other statistical tools
- PRA experience is a must.
- Previous Human Reliability Analysis experience
- Previous experience performing root cause analysis
- Safety & Reliability experience is a bonus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability