Network Engineer - Tier 2
Job ID: 2015035
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
- SAIC has an immediate opening for a Network Infrastructure
Engineer located at the USCENTCOM Headquarters, MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa,
- This is a deployable
position requiring periodic international travel.
- This position requires both
broad and deep technology knowledge in network engineering design and
maintenance as well as the ability to architect solutions by applying advanced
analysis skills to map customer operational challenges to appropriate
end-to-end technology solutions.
- Provide overall enterprise
level LAN and WAN IP-based infrastructure systems planning, operations and
maintenance, and management.
- Manage infrastructures for
operational networks, of multiple security classification levels.
- Serve as a technical point
of contact for all matters related to network infrastructure efforts.
- Perform analyses on networks
to discover and document the baseline.
- Support planning and
execution of network installations and hardware upgrades.
- Perform engineering trouble
shooting/problem solving at the system and component levels.
- Conduct LAN (Ethernet, HSRP,
EIGRP, BGP, etc) and WAN (ISDN, ATM, SONET, etc) preventive and corrective
maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- Use network analysis tools
(CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc).
- Perform enterprise traffic
analysis (e.g., link utilization, flows, latency, and other relevant metrics)
to detect/determine network inefficiencies and make recommendations to relieve
network congestion/optimize the networks.
- Monitor performance to
identify and optimize the system infrastructure and conduct transaction
monitoring for bandwidth utilization and application performance.
- Provide advanced technical
analyses of network infrastructure challenges and problems; develop/identify
technical solutions responsive to customer needs.
- Engineer, install, test, and
maintain wiring (copper and fiber) infrastructures.
- Support an improved
infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the
performance of vulnerability assessments and analyses.
- Support customer computer
technical support efforts on personal computers, thin clients, laptops, and
- Bachelor Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High
School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Candidate must have a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Active CCNA certification is required.
- Security + CE or CCNA-Security certification is
- 5+ years of Cisco router and switch networking
- OSPF, EIGRP routing protocols. Understanding of
BGP routing protocols preferred.
- Cisco ACI
- Cisco ISE
- ASA Firewalls
- Type One Encryptors (KG encryption devices).
- IPsec experience
- A current U.S. passport is required. Must be
willing to deploy OCONUS (less than 10% of the time)
- Riverbed, ASA Firewalls
- CCNP or CCIE
- Expertise in infrastructure design and architecture,
deployment, operations and maintenance, and upgrades.
- Solid working knowledge in the planning, design,
integration, optimization, operations, security, and support of enterprise
- Systems design and architecting for operational and
tactical theater network installations and upgrades.
- Experience managing infrastructure of mid-size
operational networks (200+ routers/switches, 150+ servers, 1500+
workstations) in a high-paced fluid environment.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at
the system engineer level.
- LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, etc) and WAN (ISDN,
ATM, SONET, etc) troubleshooting/problem determination skills.
- Working knowledge of: Network analysis tools (CISCO
Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc), CISCO firewall/VPN equipment
(Adaptive Security Appliance, etc) and IP services (IP, Multicast, QOS,
- Ability to envision, develop, coordinate, prioritize,
lead, and motivate individual and team efforts to produce required and
timely customer solutions.
- Solid overall communications skills.
- Passion for the customer which is demonstrated through
professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.