Job ID: 2014946
Location: FLEXWORK, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with Digital Engineering/Model Based Engineering experience in Defense, Federal Civilian, and/or National Security systems to join our energized team of solution architects supporting an exciting variety of programs and corporate initiatives to provide advanced Engineering, Integration and Logistics capabilities.
In this position, you will exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your extensive Systems Engineering and Model Based Engineering experiences to transform the Engineering, Integration and Logistics organization and solution offering to best support our customers. You will use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Digital Engineering solutions and services for use on individual programs and throughout the corporation. You will learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Digital Engineering platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of digital solutions, and enhance the digital engineering culture. You will engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Engineering, Integration, and Logistics digital work products..
Successful candidate is this position will bring a record of application of systems engineering and digital engineering methods and creative thought-leadership to mature and develop revolutionary digital engineering solutions across defense, federal civilian, and national security customer groups. The solutions will consist of process, tools, and people. Information technology knowledge will be helpful. You will engage with the larger community (Industry, Government, and Academia) to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our digital engineering capabilities. As part of the team, you will be required to mentor others on our solutions and standards, as well as support proposals and business development activities. Demonstrated presentation and writing skills are required.
Minimum of Bachelors degree and 18 years of experience. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of education. Or a Masters and 12 years of experience.
Intermediate/Advance experience using enterprise modeling tools to model complex systems using SysML, UPDM, BPMN, and/or UAF
• Exposure to multidisciplinary analysis and optimization tools (Model Center, Simulia, etc.) and event based management tool (iRIS)
• Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
• Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
• Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
• Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes
• Knowledge of DODI 5000.02 and JCIDS process
• Practical experience with IEEE 15288
• INCOSE Certification (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP) dependent on experience.
• OMG Certified System Modeling Professional (OSCMP)
• Experience leading SE teams through all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle using Digital Engineering (MBSE)
• Experience or familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment (SAFe)
• Experience or familiarity with administration of Model Based Engineering tools
• Broad Model Based Engineering Applications and Technology background (i.e. tools, ontologies, OSLC, internet of things, cyber security, etc.)
• Experience or familiarity with various analytical and decisions aid tools (e.g. MatLab, STK, etc.)
• Capable of receiving TS/SCI clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.