JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a Test Engineer in Huntsville, AL to join a team supporting the Army’s Ground Based Sense And Avoid (GBSAA). This team is involved in the design, development, integration, test and fielding of a new technology enabling Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) flights in the National Airspace System (NAS). In this role you will Provide on-site integration and test engineering support to the U.S. Army Program Manager, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (PM UAS) under the PM Endurance UAS.
This position will require travel up to 2 weeks per month for extended periods.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide on-site integration and test engineering support to the U.S. Army Program Manager, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (PM UAS) under the PM Endurance UAS.
System integration and test design/planning as well as execution of multiple on site field tests of the Ground Bases Sense and Avoid system.
Provide direct support to the senior test engineer including system integration, coordinating test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test reports for acceptance testing.
Coordinate with multiple agencies and subcontractors that are integral to the GBSAA Test Team.
Support the systems engineering and test team during development, test and fielding phases of the project.
Write and review technical reports.
Prepare and review technical presentations.
Manage multiple technical tasks for the government customer.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline.
- 5 years of defense-related testing and technical experience, as well as experience working in a fast paced multi-disciplined team environment.
- Experience coordinating test activities from Planning, Readiness Reviews, Configuration Control Meetings, Problem Resolution, and Writing and Coordinating Final Test Reports required.
- Solid working knowledge of standard systems engineering and system integration and system test planning, execution and reporting processes and documentation of same.
- This position will require travel up to 2 weeks per month for extended periods.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim DOD Secret clearance within 60 days of hire date. Must be able to obtain a completed DOD Secret clearance within 12 months of hire date.
DESIRED SKILLS: Experience working with Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and a strong test background is highly desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability