Job ID: 2014916
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer/Developer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). Often heads one or more sections of a small department. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization. Interprets and administers policies, processes, and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate work units. Assignments are defined in terms of activities and objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Decisions have an impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments normally result in serious delays and considerable expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds. Interacts frequently with internal personnel and outside representatives at various levels. Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Interaction typically concerns resolutions of operational and scheduling issues. Often plays a key role in cooperative effort among members of a project team made up of representatives from other departments.
•Expertise with DevSecOps and development within a CI/CD pipeline
•Expertise with Chef, Docker, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
•Experience in Java Web Containers (Tomcat\Jetty\etc.)
•Familiarity with IDEs such as: Eclipse or Rational Application Developer (RAD) or IntelliJ
•Experience utilizing various debugging tools and methodologies for debugging UI and components
•Experience ASP.NET and/or Java development experience and knowledge:
•Strong OO design Experience with Webservices, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, XML, WSDL, JAXB patterns and concepts
•Experience developing web applications using C# and ASP.NET MVC
•Experience developing web applications using IIS, ASP, XML/XSLT, and SQL Server.
•Knowledge/Languages: IIS, ASP.NET, C#, .NET Framework, XML/XSLT, HTML, SQL Server.
•Experience developing SQL and/or PL/SQL queries, packages, and procedures.
• Bachelors and 18 years or more experience; Masters and 16 years or more experience; PhD or JD and 15 years or more experience
• Expert in Agile, DevSecOps, JSON, microservices, SpringBoot or equivalent, Docker
• Ability to take a new technology and get it up and running (such as serverless, OpenShift, Reddis)
• Must be able to work fast without cutting corners
• Support leadership of team and facilitate their team performance that adds value to the team, not just perform their own narrowly defined tasks.
• Expert in Docker, Kubernetes, and potentially OpenShift
• Expert in Jenkins, Infrastructure as code
• Expert in AWS and AWS services
• Advanced knowledge of Agile practices and governance
• Demonstrable experience with Agile coaching
• Dynamic personality that highlights leadership and ability to adjust when faced with challenges or adversity
• Must be expert in Agile and DevSecOps as well as CI/CD pipelines using microservices in cloud production environments (both AWS and Azure)
• Extensive experience building rich Internet applications on a Java technology stack, using Agile, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
• Expertise with Testing Automation, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI-CD) environments using tools such as Gradle and Jenkins.
• Expertise in automated security engineering.
• Expertise with Microservices Patterns and best practices.
• Proven skills in Cloud native development
• REST API creation, Angular, NoSQL databases such as Mongo or Dynamo, Java, including frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot, Amazon Web Services and demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration and continuous delivery, DevOps, Microservices and containers.
• Law Enforcement experience a plus (but not required)
• Existing Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) a plus, but not required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability