Job ID: 2014911
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Subcategory: Military Operations
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is in need of a US Navy Information Operations Warfare Senior Expert to serve as our IO/IW Lead in providing advanced, high-level pre-deployment training to Carrier Strike Groups, Expeditionary Strike Groups, Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units and other military forces. This is a Key position and all potential candidates will be reviewed by the government as well as SAIC. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about training and ensuring our Naval Forces are fully trained and ready for deployment. Place of performance is San Diego, CA, with occasional travel to Fleet Concentration Areas. Work is in support of war games and integrated fleet training.
The Information Operations Warfare Expert will:
• Provide SME support to technical customer in latest USN doctrine, tactics, and capabilities/limitations of all related systems for Information Warfare (IW), Electromagnetic Maneuver Warfare (EMW), and Information Operations (IO).
• Lead a small team of IO/IW/EMW experts in development and execution of advanced military war games and other curricula as part of fleet training requirements for Carrier Strike Group and Expeditionary Strike Group Commanders and staffs, and subordinate Warfare Commanders and staffs, to include the Information Warfare Commander and staff. Research, analyze, and incorporate latest aspects of IO/IW/EMW doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs), and IO/IW/EMW systems into war game scenarios. Develop necessary supporting products and documents as required for war games, such as OPTASK IO or other guiding documents. Support training audience IO/IW/EMW planning efforts for war game scenarios. Facilitate presentation of computer-based war games by managing IO/IW/EMW scenario aspects during games, to include role-playing IO/IW/EMW entities and determining timing/ method of scenario injects and flow. Facilitate post-war game training analysis by gathering data and providing feedback to customer staff and training audience. Be prepared to present or facilitate academic instruction in IO/IW/EMW, to include lectures, seminars, and table-top war games.
• Liaise with Navy centers of excellence on latest tactics, techniques and procedures for IO/IW/EMW. Maintain currency on latest intelligence developments and TTP updates.
Required Education and Experience:
• Must have active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information clearance
• Bachelors and twenty (20) years or more of related experience
• 20 years of USN warfare experience in planning, implementation and execution of IW/IO/EMW tactics, direction and employment of units, and coordination requirements between units, warfare commanders, subordinate units, higher headquarters, and joint and coalition units
• Post-department head tour as a staff officer on a Carrier Strike Group staff in IO/IW/EMW capacity, or similar assignment and experience in Carrier Strike Group IO/IW/EMW operations
• In-depth knowledge of Information Warfare Commander duties, responsibilities and integration within the USN Composite Warfare Commander construct. Thorough understanding of IO/IW/EMW considerations in operating in fleet, joint, and combined environments.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability