NASA Senior Network Engineer
Job ID: 2014787
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has a job opening for a Senior Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL. This opportunity is in support of the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) Contract supporting NASA communications between NASA Centers in the United States and the NASA Programs in Russia.
- Cisco router / switch / Wi-Fi / ISE / telephony product lines
- Engineering new requirements into existing production services
- Restoring defective services
- Assisting end users with use of services
- Periodic travel to Russia is required to implement new requirements, technology refresh and support NICS services during critical Launch, Docking, and Undocking periods.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of experience; Masters and three (3) years or more of experience; PhD and 0 years of related experience.
- Cisco router/switch/wifi products
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Prefer for candidate to have current Cisco CCNP certification or greater
- Extensive knowledge relating to Wide Area Networks (T-1, MPLS, VPN Tunnels), Local Area Networks (Switch Fabric, Ethernet, Copper, Fiber, distribution), Cisco ISE, Cisco Call Manager/ Unity, Advanced routing knowledge of IP, ICMP, TCP/UDP, SNMP, DHCP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, VLAN, VoIP, SIP, H.264, H323, PSTN/Dial Plans, Multicast.
- Proficiency working within Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Proficiency using Windows 10/Office Suite / Visio / Project / SharePoint, Solarwinds, PRTG, WireShark, Radius, SecureCRT or similar tools.
- Periodic Travel Required to Russia in support of services.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability