NASA Software Quality Assurance Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2014738
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to support the NASA SMAEC contract in Houston, TX at Johnson Space Center. This position focuses on assuring NASA projects are safe to operate in safely and reliably in space or on the ground.
- Assure that acquired and developed NASA Government Furnished Equipment (GFE), International Space Station (ISS) or Gateway software products supporting spaceflight are safe, reliable, and capable of performing required functions.
- Assuring that GFE, ISS or Gateway software requirements, design, and products meet NASA Flight Program (e.g., International Space Station Program), and Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) software assurance requirements.
- Assess software development, test, verification, process documentation, and change products and identify issues and areas of noncompliance.
- Ensure compliance with program S&MA requirements (e.g., Computer Based Controls System Safety Requirements (SSP 50038B), ISS System Specifications (SSP 41000) and ISS Safety Requirements Document (50021)) and applicable NASA standards (NPR/JPR 7150.2, NASA-STD-8719, NASA-STD-8739).
- Prepare reports, present findings of assessments and evaluations, and provide recommendations to the assigned GFE, ISS or Gateway project, and NASA customer’s Software Assurance Lead.
- Author or review and revise internal work processes.
- Provide support to project teams for verification/certification testing of software loads/revisions.
- Participate in, and represent software S&MA assurance, as appropriate and as required in working groups, panels and boards in order to perform the above described tasks.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of NASA software engineering, and software assurance requirements.
- Familiar with NASA software flight certification process, including safety.
- Familiarity with NASA flight hardware safety is a plus.
- Familiarity with NASA safety review processes is preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Infrequent (< 5%) travel is possible.
- Software Assurance of Safety Critical software and/or hardware (at least 6 years)
- Development of NASA Safety Critical software or hardware
- CBCS analysis
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability