SAIC is seeking a command System Administrator in Fort Meade, MD. This Command System Admin will take tasking and guidance from the Command Division Officer and work along with Government and contractor SA’s & ISSO’s and other members of the command as required. In this position you will work with multiple teams and support the primary Fort Meade sites, users and systems to ensure security compliance and maximize system uptime. You will work up and down the chain of command and provide guidance to help drive security compliance measures.
Handle day to day Linux and Windows system administration needs
Provide user level support to developers to assist with day to day use of systems (accounts, password resets/vm restarts/system issues) and help develop new system functions
Assist ISSO’s and System Administrators in making approved system changes.
Provide recommendations for system & network security via reporting or formal meeting settings.
Monitor computer network & systems ensuring all servers, switches, routers, crypto, fiber connections, attached leased circuits and distant end hardware are fully secure and follow proper operations through security scans and implementation of security controls as directed.
Monitor user accounts ensuring permissions match role for level of access. Validate in-hold accounts of detaching personnel.
Provide information assurance guidance and oversight for the networks and stand-alone systems
Develop formal information system security, education and training, and awareness program coordinating with the command ISSE & ISSM
Coordinate information security inspections to include an incident response action should they be discovered
Maintain liaison with high level professionals in other agencies and facilities to identify and define current and future technologies to support intelligence requirement
Create system security plans, plan of action and milestones (POA&M), security action plan, personnel training, and maintain policies for all networks supporting the ISSM in all missions
Monitor information security inspections include incident response actions as well as ensuring corrective measures have been taken
Perform scanning and duplication of various security documents and other program documentation, filling of documents, maintain hardcopy and electronic files of program documents.
Coordinate with PSO, SSO, CPSO personnel in accreditation processes
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience working in a Cloud environment
- Minimum of 5 years active Systems administration work on Virtual Linux/Windows machines in offline environments to include patch management, vulnerability scanning.
- Experience writing security documents. Such as building an SSP from the ground up.
- Ability to push an approved plan through initial planning to full implementation.
- Ability to set technical and business objectives and follow through (i.e, SSP and A&A package).
- Must have the CompTIA Security + CE (Must be current
- Information Assurance experience including applying STIGS, resolving IAVA’s and risk acceptance documents.
- Knowledge of scripting tools like PowerShell and automation tools like Puppet and Ansible
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI with CI Poly is required. Candidate must be able to maintain this level of clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.