SAIC is seeking a Project Manager to support the government’s latest data analytics operations in relation to information technology projects and operations. The project is from inception (requirements derivation) to developing a prototype to moving into deployment. Duties include:
- Performs as a project lead, experience in managing cross-functional teams with responsibilities for project schedule and performance.
- Directly contributes to project definition, development and/or enhancement efforts including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities.
- Performs analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper requirements specifications
- Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to achieve the most efficient and effective execution of the project objectives.
- Utilizes expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
- Communicates status with leadership and customers.
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Answers technical questions regarding products and services, and may take part in putting together proposals, configurations and product offerings.
- Considered a Lead and may manage the work of others.
- Preparing affected business areas for transition to new way of working; potentially implementing new business processes
- Specifically support the following activities/functional areas:
- Need to understand data collection, correlation and analysis
- Familiar with scalable distributed data processing, management, and visualization tools
- Familiar with data mining and analytics methods (e.g., clustering, sequences, networks, time series, deep learning, statistical analytics, etc.)
- Manage a team of data analysts, Big Data engineers and financial analyst Prepare Project status reviews and other formal reviews to be presented to the Government
- Communicate issues and solutions to the Government PM in a timely and transparent manner
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and administrative requirements imposed by the contract in coordination with the Contractor's contracts staff
- Assist the SAIC PM by providing input to customer deliverable reports
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active TS/SCI with CI polygraph
- B.S. Degree in Business or IT Discipline or addition relevant years of experience in Program Management.
- 10-15 years of related experience in program and project management and or business process analysis
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-task contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity, as well as experience in leading a multi-vendor environment is required.
- Experience using Agile Scrum Methodology and working knowledge of JIRA
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- IT technical knowledge and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PMP Certification
- Experience with Financial Management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.