Job ID: 2014678
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Enterprise Architect
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Systems Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC at the Pentagon.
• The successful candidate shall prove technical ability in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of a large complex physical and virtual server architecture and various enterprise applications supported on the server infrastructure.
• This position requires demonstrated direct experience with a variety of server and enterprise application architectures within a complex and demanding environment.
• Analyze user needs to determine functional requirements, define problems, and develop plans and requirements in the subject matter area for moderately complex to complex systems related to the following: Information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; lifecycle management; software development methodologies; and modeling & simulation.
• Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Also, identify resources required for each task.
Demonstrated technical engineering capabilities, to include the following:
• Experience with and solid working knowledge using an enterprise ticketing system (e.g., REMEDY).
• Experience with Active Directory (group policies (MS Office 2007 and higher preferred), including applying group permissions (deployment of and troubleshooting), and a good working knowledge of DNS/DHCP/WINS.
• Experience in Windows environments on Server 2008, Server 2012, and Windows 7 and/or Windows 10 operating systems; also need solid understanding of Unix/Linux.
• Experience operating within a DoD security environment.
• Understanding of IT enterprise systems.
• Knowledge of a range of current information technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as: Cloud computing; blade server; virtualization; unified communications; collaboration tools; business intelligence systems; social networks tools; and enterprise services bus
Minimum three (3) years of work-related experience to include a combination of the following areas:
• Networks; servers; storage area networks and systems management; directory systems; Public Key Infrastructure, IT customer support and training; computer server and workstation installation, diagnosis, and repair; technical writing; computer security; knowledge management; database administration, design and management; system maintenance; information technology project management; computer scripting; Information System testing.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in computer system engineering, hardware and software analysis, system installation, integration, implementation, and system maintenance.
Other desired Requirements:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical staff and the highest levels of management.
Prior experience directly supporting General Officers/SES/SNIS personnel is desired.
• Prior experience writing on deadline is desired
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
• BS in Science degree in Computer Engineering, computer information systems, telecommunications, or management information systems and 18 years experience or equivalent with 5 years of documented experience relevant to this key position.
• Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order. This is a DoD 8140 IAT Level II certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP).
• Active DoD issued Top Secret Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability