SAIC is seeking Software Engineer/Developers of various levels to support our client at Picatinny Arsenal on the Next Generation Combat Vehicle and other Fire Control programs. These positions are contingent upon contract award and will be located at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.
The Software Engineer/Developer will:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education and years of experience will vary depending on requirement and level of position
- Agile software development, Embedded controllers, Graphical User Interfaces, Compilers, C++, CMMI, network interfaces.
- DI2E Dev Tools (Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Fisheye+ Crucible and Git), developing tests, Encryption, VirtualBox, RTOS, digital backbone protocols, Imaging, Direct-fire fire control systems, Low level firmware/FPGA programming and emulators/simulators, Integration and test of vehicle network interfaces.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability