Job ID: 2014594
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Cloud Automation Engineering expert to support various programs and strategic initiatives within the company, including internal investment projects (IR&D) and external customer support. The selected candidate will be an expert in all aspects of Cloud Automation, Scripting and Development who readily adapts to support a variety of challenging technical requirements in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Our Cloud Automation Engineer role offers you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work and projects. You'll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your business and technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority. You will be introduced to cutting edge tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally.
· Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
· Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
· Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
· Lead ongoing governance modernization efforts, including policy, security, compliance, and change management.
· Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
· Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
· May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
· Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Champion infrastructure automation initiatives throughout the full life cycle, addressing the significant complexity and scale challenges inherent to next-generation technologies.
· Prepare for automation by developing the strategy, teams, and roadmaps to IT Modernization.
· Leverage Cloud, DevOps, DevSecOps, AIOps, and containerization expertise to design, build, and deliver modernized infrastructure via scripting, workflows, and automation (i.e., Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)).
· Leverage virtualization, IaaS/Paas, and Saas as a foundation to broker and deliver cloud and other services to the end customer.
· Automate configuration management, including modernization of network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring, logs, patching, updates).
· Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
· Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
· Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
· Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
· Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
· Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
· Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
· May support new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and bases of estimate
· May support strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development
· May support strategic alliances with outside vendors
· Remains abreast of the newest cloud computing tools and technologies available.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
· BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree and 14 years of related experience (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
· 14+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, Development, or related
· Expert level knowledge and hands on experience with Cloud Scripting and Automation is required, specifically HashiCorp Terraform.
· Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
· Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps
· Experience with at least one other Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
· In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
· High level Cloud and Virtualization certifications are not a hard requirement but are very strongly preferred to demonstrate mastery:
o VMware Certified Professional 6 (VCP6)
o AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
o MCSE: Cloud Platform and Integration
· US Citizenship is required
· Able to obtain up to a Top Secret level DoD clearance upon request
· Location: 100% telework with up to 25% travel.
Desired Experience and Certifications:
· Active DoD Secret (or above) clearance is strongly preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.