We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Technician to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
• Service Desk Technicians shall operate the help desk phone system and service desk tracking system, answer incoming user calls or requests, log tickets and service requests, review incoming tickets and service requests, research and provide resolution to user problems, escalate tickets and requests to appropriate personnel, as well as monitor and report on service desk performance
• Assist in the development and implementation of procedures that support execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge base articles, and reporting schema to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements
• Identify and recommend opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices
• Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
• Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Ensure that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution and provide clear understanding of open ticket status
• Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues
• Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical report as needed
• Identify problems and implement solutions, identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
• Provide thorough triaging of tickets
• Provide written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation
• Provide recommendations on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis
• Work with Geographically Separated Units in Mexico and Washington, D.C. to open, track, troubleshoot and resolve tickets
• Two positions will require LRA training and certification
• High school degree or equivalent
• 5 years experience
• Active Secret Clearance
• Must have a current Security+ (CE) certification and an A+ (CE) or be able to able witin 30 days of hire.
• Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing
• Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members
• Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management
• MCT Desktop Certification
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability