SAIC has a new opportunity under the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), providing Strong Authentication system support from Oak Ridge, TN.
Qualified candidates will join the existing VA Service Desk to support both the Identity Management and Strong Authentication missions.
This is a call center environment requiring professional level customer service. Other responsibilities may include:
- Provide first line technical support for local and remote users, resolving technical problems and answering queries through various channels such as telephone, email, and tickets submitted online.
- Follow all company and department documented policies and procedures.
- May route tickets to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists, requiring clearly documented descriptions of customers request and all troubleshooting performed.
- Maintain and updates records in Incident Management and Service Request system.
This is a shift work position in a 24x7x365 environment requiring flexibility in work hours. Shift will be assigned after training.
Candidate will temporarily work remotely due to Covid-19. Training will take place onsite.
Required Education & Experience
- AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of experience working on a Help Desk or in a technical support position such as a System Administrator.
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical issues via telephone and email. Must be comfortable in a team-oriented call center environment and be internally motivated and able to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service and problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Ability to work well with all teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience, Server processes and network operations experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in computer hardware/software support
- ITIL Certification or HDI Certification
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes
- Technical certifications such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Strong working knowledge of Security Authentication Tokens, Windows 10, Windows 2016 Server, Microsoft Forefront Identity Management, Edge, FireFox, and Chrome browsers, VPN software, VDI, and other commonly used commercial products, and familiarity with Microsoft SQL is a plus.
- Willingness to work any shift in a 24x7x365 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to arrive and start work promptly at beginning of scheduled shift
- Must be a US Citizen and have ability to obtain a VA ADP Sensitivity Level I clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability