Job ID: 2014574
Location: OAK RIDGE, TN, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2020
Category: Business Management
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 22,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of over $6 billion.
The Accounting Operations and Reporting organization provides Financial Reporting, Accounting Services & Development, Operational Accounting, and General Accounting services within SAIC. We are a dedicated world-class finance organization built on a foundation of strong ethics and integrity, innovative business solutions, business insight and partnership, and leadership and career development that enables the successful execution of the enterprise strategy.
The Accounting Operations and Reporting organization currently has an opening for an Accounting Analyst position within the Accounting Services & Development department. We are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, Accounting Professional for our fast-paced department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a broad level of accounting functions performed throughout the company. Working in the department will provide unique and rotating responsibilities, regular interactions with multiple financial organizations, and highly challenging tasks that are sure to keep you stimulated and constantly learning something new.
This position will be responsible for multiple tasks such as supporting management monitoring of SAIC policies and procedures, providing accounting support for special projects, performing SOX and DFARS control testing, assisting with various audit requests, and many others. The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of activities, which requires an understanding of SAIC policies/procedures and Financial regulations to ensure compliance.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
• Perform quarterly monitoring of SAIC procedures throughout the entire organization
• Support Internal, External and Government audit requests through coordination with various departments while ensuring documentation provided is compliant with CAS, FAR and SAIC policies
• Assist with the performance of SOX and DFAR control testing
• Assist with process improvement and the implementation of remediation plans based on audit findings
• Provide accounting support through reporting and analysis for various organizations• Assist management as required supporting various ad-hoc requests, working with individuals in and outside of the finance organization
Candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment under limited supervision.
• Candidate must be have the ability to telework with access to a reliable internet connection. Due to COVID, this will initially be a telework position eventually transitioning to an office environment.
• Candidate must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook and Word).
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and 3 - 6 years of relevant experience is required.
Desired Skills:Experience in Government Contracting. Previous exposure to SAIC policies, procedures, and experience with CostPoint highly desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability