Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an opening for a .NET Developer supporting PERSTEMPO in Millington, TN. This fulltime position to support the Navy Personnel Command’s PERSTEMPO suite of applications within the BUPERS On-line systems. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and will develop software in web or thin client environments. Candidate will interface with end-users, system engineers and database administrators on a regular basis so interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate is expected to have the analysis skills to solve problems.
- Maintain, Design, develop, and integrate multi-tiered Microsoft .NET based web applications supporting PERSTEMPO projects.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation.
- Work as a leader or member of a team.
- Review existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Be responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Be responsible for quality assurance review and evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Develop system components including services and user screens
- Assisting with system testing
- Application and System deployment
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience (OR) a Master's degree with 3 years of experience, (OR) .NET development with SQL Server for at least 3 years experience ideally with C#.
- This position requires a self-motivated, professional individual with demonstrated progressive experience designing and developing web applications, including:
- Experience as a web based application engineer/developer using .NET Frameworks, Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server development.
- Specific development experience with BOBI Ad Hoc report development
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the .NET MVC Framework and WebForms
- Experience working with TFS for SDLC tracking in addition to maintaining build and release pipelines
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, strong analysis skills, experience in designing, developing, implementing testing .NET based business applications.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with at least an Interim Secret Clearance to start.
*Pre-Hire* Required Certification:
Prior to the hire date, the candidate must possess at least one of the following Information Security certifications:
- CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
- GSE (GIAC Security Essentials)
- CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional)
*Post-Hire* Professional Certification:
Within six (6) months of hire date, the candidate must either obtain a commercial computing environment certification or a computing environment training certificate.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability