SAIC is hiring for a Senior Client Safety Engineer for work taking place in Houston, TX for NASA.
Perform system safety analyses of hardware and software in a variety of systems for payloads/experiments.
Utilize technical and safety review and documentation analysis techniques to include fault tree analyses, failure modes and hazardous effects analyses, and other techniques as required.
Preparing and/or updating safety assessment reports and risk assessment reports.
Preparing safety assessment reports, and technical data packages and presentation materials for safety review boards.
Conduct or review safety assessments of new, updated, and/or modified hardware and software, waivers, and exemption requests.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering and nine (9) years or more experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust.
- Excellent oral and above average written communications skills; Ability to develop excellent working relationships with customers, peers, and management; Ability to utilize Microsoft Office to prepare reports, presentations, and charts
- Familiarity with the NASA organization and with the International Space Station (ISS) subsystems and components
- Knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software (is mandatory i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics) is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
- NASA system flight safety review process experience.
- Experience with direct participation in conducting and documenting space system safety review
- An understanding of NASA Handbook 51700 and 50021.
- An understanding of system safety hazards analysis process.
- There will be travel required in this role up to 25% of the time once travel resumes.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.