SAIC is looking for a Korean Senior Linguist and Cultural Expert, working with a diverse team of analysts, linguists, cultural experts, and operations officers, focused on creating and recognizing targeting opportunities and strategies. This position will require interaction with a wide variety of Government and contractor personnel – ability to operate in a diverse, evolving, and high profile environment is key. This position will be at Ft. Gordon in GA.
- Responsible for Korean language and cultural expertise, operating in a virtual environment; primarily using mix of Korean and English in-language reading and writing skills
- Navigates social media, open source and relevant forums/websites in Korean
- Utilizes language, cultural, and historical knowledge to combat international events within relevant functional area.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of desktop applications and internet-based research skills with the ability to effectively use internet search tools, and advanced research methods
- Identifies and reports potential targets and trends
- Assists intelligence and analysis operations
- Produces incident, threat, and information report
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Working knowledge of popular, legacy, and new social media, forums, messaging services, blog sites, and mobile applications
- Knowledgeable of idioms, colloquialisms, slang, and have a sophisticated understanding of the cultural, social, and political environment
- Minimum DLPT 3/3/2/2 or Equivalent (ILS, ILR, ALTA) in Korean
- At least 5-7 years of experience within the US military or US intelligence community
- Preparing Information Reports with excellent writing and briefing skills (in English)
- Ability to execute multiple tasks and ongoing projects while ensuring compliance with applicable policies, and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Willing to work outside normal business hours
Desired Certifications & Skills:
- Former Military linguistic experience (35P, 09L, 1N3, 2671, 2712, 2799, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of military operations, terminology, and structure
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability