SAIC is currently looking for a Junior-Level System Administrator to work on the AMRDEC COEv3 MMC project in Huntsville Alabama (Redstone Arsenal). The COEv3 Mounted Computing Environment (MCE) system is being developed by the Army as a direct replacement for the currently fielded Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) system. It will be a state of the art battle command information system that provides integrated, on-the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Candidate will be expected to recommend solutions to technical problems/needs of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Candidate will be expected to participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Candidate will ensure that system hardware, operating systems and software systems adhere to project and organizational guidelines/standards.
- Candidate will be expected to follow established organization, project and operating procedures/processes
- Good communication and collaborative skills across multiple projects is a must.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and 0 years related experience; years of experience can be used in lieu of degree
- A working knowledge of Linux operating system.
- A working knowledge of Windows 7 operating system.
- Technical knowledge to answer routine technical questions and assist users in solving hardware/software problems.
- Ability to apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Ability to install and configure new hardware and software items.
- Ability to add, remove, or update user account information, reset passwords, etc.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and ability to get networks up and running.
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Active Security + and Comp TIA Linux+ Certification desired OR Obtain Security + and Comp TIA Linux+ within 6 months of hire.
- Active DoD Secret level clearance desired.
- Must be eligible to obtain DoD Secret level security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.