SAIC is seeking a software engineer in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
· Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
· Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
· Provides software development support to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including support of both the development and execution of a transition plan
· Interacts at a variety of points within the customer organization and program governance processes to assist in implementation of the established transition
· Supports research and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
· Ensures a focus on incorporation of high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations
· Conducts test driven development in the delivery of high quality code.
· Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to ensure consistent application of customer mission objectives are met
· Leveraging domain expertise, develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete solution meeting all technical and functional requirements.
· Mentors and leads team of junior to mid-level developers to design and develop application software.
· Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
· Experience in developing quality software products and shipping production ready software.
· Experience in building applications in Java using Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
· Good understanding of agile methodologies.
· Experience in building web applications using technologies like Angular JS.
· Experience in Oracle, PL/SQL and other RDBMS.
· Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD four (4) years related experience. May accept a high school education and 4+ years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Must be Able to obtain a Public Trust
· Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
· Subversion, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar, Crystal Reports
· Experience with automation technologies like Puppet, Chef, Ansible,
Selenium, Jenkins, RedHat OpenShift, AMP, Confluence and Docker.
· Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
· Experience working with CI/CD tools for testing and deployment.
· AWS certifications or Java certifications is a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability