The Data Center Facilities Management Team Lead will manage the Data Centers, including space, power and cooling infrastructure, to ensure the Normal Operations including:
- Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components.
- Manage the Data Center infrastructure to ensure the total power delivered is adequate to supply the floor space and high energy densities;
- Ensure that the Data Center maintains the capability to power and cool any and every rack to the peak enclosure density;
- Perform hard system reboots;
- Unboxing, setup, and configuration of new equipment and ship to other locations, as required;
- Prepare minor project schedules weekly for the Data Centers;
- Prepare and publish monthly communication detailing equipment outages for all such Locations;
- Prepare and submit RFCs for all work with potential impact to Data Center operations;
- Complete, review, and update MOPs for work tasks as necessary;
- Develop and implement improvements for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, automation, alarm and reporting.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification.
- Develop and Publish an up-to-date drawing of the rack layout in each Data Center and the Devices that are located in each rack;
- Ensure that each Data Center is provisioned with an adequate number of low and high density power cabinets/racks;
- Coordinate Data Center Cabling; and participate in Data Center power and cooling capacity planning and forecasting, including the capability to provide analysis and planning Reports.
- Maintain Data Center monthly capacity and load reports.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of experience managing server and support services
- At least three (3) years in an IT outsourcing environment to manage personnel performance.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.