Fiber Optic Assembly Support Technician
Job ID: 2014238
Location: RIDGECREST, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Telecom Support
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a Fiber Optic Assembly Support Technician to support on one of our Navy contracts in Ridgecrest, CA.
Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains fiber optic and copper cable networks and equipment.
Support routine maintenance and emergency restoration and repair of interconnection cable-plant (wireless, fiber, copper, waveguide) and core infrastructure under guidance of senior fiber optic senior technicians and engineers.
Support installation services, which may include physical plant build-out such as installation of fiber, cabinets, switches, security containers.
Support locating fiber optic cabling within the ground.
Remain current in the fiber optic area of expertise to include evolving technologies while working toward achieving certifications.
- High School and 1 year of related experience.
- Fiber optic network cabling installations, splicing, polishing, cleaving, connecting, fusion splicing, testing, terminating (fusion and mechanical), electro-mechanical connectorization, assembling, and documenting.
- Corning, Exfo, and Fluke testers.
- Cat 6, Coax, and fiber optic cabling maintenance, emergency restoration, inspection, troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active Interim Secret Clearance or a full Secret Clearance.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull/carry up to 75 pounds
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, etc.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions (hot, cold, wet and dry)
- Up to 50% travel required – to a variety of locations in California and the United States (planned in advance)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability