Job ID: 2014292
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Info Architect
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Biometrics "SME" to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC in Reston VA.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to understand and analyze data models – how the data is stored in relational databases
• Background of machine learning/deep learning, computer vision, mathematics and statistics in combination
• Advance in domain knowledge and capabilities that align with strategic/significant sponsor needs and challenges including but not limited to: machine learning models and algorithms, data analytics, biometric authentication, biometric capturing, image processing
• A good understanding of optics and digital camera system
• Knowledge of biometric concepts, principles, and evaluation
• Experience with preparing technical reports by collecting, capturing, analyzing, and summarizing information, visualization, and trends
• Domain knowledge with thought leadership in emerging biometric technologies within border security or a unique identity context
• Knowledge of multi modal fusion techniques
• Ability to design testing protocols for biometric solutions to balance across detection rates, volume of transactions and response rates.
• Knowledge of current biometric solutions and vendor products and be able to utilize these to architect and implement biometric services for the federal market place.
• Must have hands-on experience with large automated biometric identification systems with large gallery sizes and a large number of daily transactions in terms of analysis, tuning, functional process flows, troubleshooting, and design, development, and deployment.
Required Qualifications or experience:
• Master's degree and minimum 16 years of related experience or equivalent.
• Must possess technical proficiency with the analytical and quantitative utilization of biometric data for algorithmic tuning and functional enhancement to increase speed, accuracy, and efficiency of a biometric system
• Experience in MATLAB, Python or C++, and OpenCV
• Hands on experience and ability to understand customer’s data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
• Experience with developing predictive models for risk assessment arena using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
• Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
• Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees).
• Execute complex SQL queries of large table(s) efficiently. (Note: Advanced command of SQL is important – beyond just simple PROC SQL commands in SAS to include perhaps something like Toad or Oracle SQL Developer.)
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).
• Must be well versed with:
o Biometric Capture in terms of ISO or NIST standards
o Biometric Capture Quality Assessment
o Biometric Performance Evaluation and Assessment (ROC, CMC, etc.)
o Biographic matching algorithm (Biographic Matching Design Concept)
o Machine Readable Travel Document ICAO standards
o Message Exchange Standards such as BioAPI, NIEM, ANSI, ISO/IEC
• Experience Obtaining, scrubbing, exploring, modeling and interpreingt data currently stored in various databases – using SQL and other data mining tools like SAS or SPSS Modeler
• Provide proper sizing estimates, Design hardware and software architecture
• Expertise in real-life implementation and deployment, vendor management and proof-of-concept or R&D experiences.
• Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
• Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
• Experience in performing data quality analysis and profiling tasks, including: Source/target assessments, Data model integrity, Redundancy checks, Ranges and outliers Sparsity/density metrics.
• Strong organization and time management skills – prior experience in leading a small team is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment
• Must possess biometric related IT architectural Expertise relevant to other law enforcement agencies.
• Familiarity with policy and/or governance regarding the use of personally identifiable information
• Experience with federal security policies such as NIST and FISMA
• AI/Machine Learning
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, and SharePoint, and proficiency and strength in verbal, written, presentation, and communications skills
• US Citizenshp Required
Desired Skills and experience:
• Current Security Clearance
• IEEE Certified Biometrics Professional Certification preferred
• Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
• Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
• Master’s degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability