Job ID: 2014291
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Info Architect
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Data Analytics Engineer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC in Reston VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Mid to senior level Data Analytics Engineer to support to provide expertise in data visualization, analysis and reporting technologies. Will work with multiple teams within a federal law enforcement agency to understand their data environment (through data profiling and statistical analysis) to help lead & grow their data analytics practice.
Will work with relational and unstructured data formats to create user friendly analytic solutions that identifies and aggregates data elements into decision models and other analytical support tools.
Candidate must be a strong problem solver and capable of providing technical recommendations to senior leadership. Candidate must be capable of creating target architectures and guidance in the areas of Data Warehousing, Big Data, Analytics, IoT and enterprise data management. Candidate will be able to obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in various types of databases – using SQL and other data mining tools. With the ability to analyze, understand business problems and express it in UML or similar modeling language. Will also be able to build and optimize data systems, deliver prototype implementations and help chart a course forward as we continue to scale and solve interesting data challenges. Will automate business processes using RPA technologies, study appropriate data sets and transform data science prototypes. Candidate will Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools and develop machine learning applications according to requirements
Required Qualifications and experience:
• MS degree in CS, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or Data Science, or other similar degrees and 16 years relevant experience or equivalent
• Strong Experience with data analytical & data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau and/or Qlik.
• Experience with data gathering, data mining and data analysis techniques.
• Experience with data modeling, data architecture design and leveraging large-scale data ingest from complex data sources, developing predictive models for using large data sets for high transactional volume environment Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models.
• Experience with predictive analytics algorithms, such as Linear Models, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Bayesian Methods, and Ensemble Techniques and Machine Learning
• Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience developing and testing server-side software and dashboards.
• Hands-on experience using ElasticSearch (ELK) and other search tool - evaluating and measuring performance of models - Ability to understand and analyze data models – how the data is stored in relational databases
• Familiar with software development and agile concepts.
• Experience with statistical programming languages such as "R". Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees).
• Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Spark, etc.
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).Perform the above tasks using SAS, SPSS, R, or Matlab.
• Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
• Experience Perform statistical analysis and tune using test results
• Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Be a self-motivated, creative, and inquisitive problem solver with a strong work ethic.
• Have experience executing complex SQL queries efficiently. (Note: Advanced command of SQL is important.)
• Be (or rapidly become) a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer’s mission.
• Be able to generate written documentation of all work performed.
• Have a customer-focused demeanor.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
• Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment
• U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Desired Skills and experience:
• Current Security Clearance
• Master’s degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics
• Prior experience in leading a small team is preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability