SAIC is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to provide the Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES) Engineering team technical network domain and COTS integration and troubleshooting support. This requires a strong datacenter engineering background in order to identify and troubleshoot configuration issues, recommend solutions, and create/update and implement installation documentation, build media/scripts, and supplemental changes/patches for the Microsoft-based domains, VMware, and PKI systems that make up CANES.
Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as a technical lead for resolution of issues that occur on active CANES networks, both in the lab, and on Navy ships
· Conduct troubleshooting and root cause analysis, solution recommendation, and solution implementation in response to CASREPs, Trouble Tickets, Bugs, ECRs, and other Issues.
· Work with the various CANES Development Subsystems to implement / troubleshoot installation and configuration documentation, patch/update documentation, and associated scripts, configuration files, and media (e.g. the CANES Configuration Item Configuration Document (CICD))
· Support lab buildouts of CANES for V&V and pre-production as needed
· Maintain precise Configuration Management (CM) of CANES design artifacts as issues are identified and corrected
· Update CANES Technical Documentation in support of ECRs (Network Configuration Templates, Topologies, etc.)
· Develop Lab Test Procedures for verification of recommended technical solutions
· Report daily on work completed during verification events
Be available during normal test lab working hours during test events
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
· B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physical Science or equivalent and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
· 5 yrs experience designing and implementing Microsoft Domains, vSphere, or Cisco infrastructure
· Must have all CSWF requirements in place (i.e. minimum of Security+ CE and WIN OS Cert)
· +8yrs experience designing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft-based domains
· +8yrs experience with vSphere CLI to manage and deploy VMware environments
· +8yrs experience designing and implementing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) policies in a datacenter
· +5yrs experience developing/updating Powershell scripts
· +2yrs experience in developing datacenter design documentation
· +2yrs experience with Cisco network infrastructure
· Demonstrated working knowledge of the CANES design and implementation
· Current Secret clearance
· Experience developing CANES designs, supporting CANES Help Desk, or conducting CANES Installations
· Experience with technical documentation management in CMPro
· Experience operating afloat tactical networks (e.g. U.S. Navy, Military Sealift Command, etc.)
· Experience with RHEL-based machines and networks.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability