Job ID: 2014353
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented AWS Cloud Engineer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. In this role you will help architect, design and build (must be hands on!) new capabilities for SAIC in AWS's Cloud.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
· Serve as an experienced AWS resource with deep passion for the FULL suite of AWS services.
· Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are enterprise ready.
· Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our AWS foundational footprint capabilities.
· Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
· Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS
· Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS
· Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
· Work independently or as part of a small team to design, build, automate and document the a multi-tiered managed services platform
· Work independently or as part of a small team to build out automation AWS CloudFormation or other like orchestration template technology in support of the managed services platform
· Write the required template documents, procedures or guides associate with the respective managed services
· Assist with the installation and configuration of a cloud management platform per the requirements of the respective services
· Write and implement the respective RBAC policies as required per the respective services
· Assist with the product evaluation, selection and implementation for respective managed services that require 3rd party products to support
· Design and develop the managed services release management capability for the platform
· May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
· Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
· U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
· Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of technical professional experience
· Minimum of 3 years of professional AWS experience
· At least 2 AWS certifications
· Must be a self-starter and be effective independently and as part of a team
· Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
· Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in Azure architecture
· Advanced knowledge of Most of the AWS Platform Services including:
· Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (CLI, ARM, Cloud SDK, etc …)
· A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
· Taking ownership and acting with high sense of urgency, this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability